Friday, September 4, 2009

Sad Girls


Sad Girls written & performed by Ryan J. Tressel

Sad girls move through the subway, get on the right trains. They're going home. But they don't look like they're so sure, maybe head instead to the airport. But they've never flown. They touch buttons on blouses as scumbags and louses meet all their softness with shove. Sad girls, oppressed by love. Sad girls listen on headphones to crooners like Tom Jones quietly moving their lips. They entertain such fancies like throwing their panties but they stay snug on their hips. They practice their curtsy with thoughts filthy and dirty the whore with the governess's gloves. Sad girls, oppressed by love. Home to their boyfriends, that's where the day ends, but they've got a DVR. I have made girls sad. I didn't mean to. I never do, but I've seen their face as I've robbed them of their joy, equal parts cold and coy, baleful and base. This world breaks all hearts and should tear us apart, but I still love them so. Besides, sadness is all that we know.

No comments: