Tuesday, May 19, 2009

RJT Answers Readers' Questions!

I’d like for this to be a regular feature here on the blog with the mostest, but unfortunately, I either have no readers, or I have readers who have no questions. Or worse, I could have readers with questions but are too afraid to ask them. Because I am so intimidating, what with that picture over there where my shirt is unbuttoned to an unseemly level, showcasing the wild mane that is my chest hair.

But never despair, dear reader! Since I have no reader questions of my own to answer, I will instead answer the questions posed by the readers of Shade, the Changing Man vol. 1, no 7, published in July of 1978!



John Dwyer of Sydney, Nova Scotia asks: “If Shade proves his innocence, will his comic still be published?”
RJT: Well, John, since thirty-one years has passed, you should already know the answer to this one. Steve Ditko, creator of Shade (as well as the Amazing Spiderman) enigmatically quit the book after issue 8, thus ending the series. I’m not sure if Shade ever proved his innocence, even though I’ve read STCM no. 8, mainly because nothing in this series made any sense. I hope that the last thirty years have been kind to you, and thanks for writing in. Oh, and you should take some of the money you saved not being able to buy Steve Ditko’s Shade, The Changing Man for the past thirty-one years, and put it towards a copy of my new novel, “The While”, available now!

Robert Aldridge of Ft. Lauderdale, FL., writes: “Why did Mellu despise Shade at first?”
RJT: Hey, Robert. How’s Ft. Lauderdale these days? I don’t mean to do the whole “reading-between-the-lines” psychoanalytical thing on you, but are you have lady problems of your own? Because, let’s be honest, it shouldn’t be any mystery why Mellu despises Shade at first. It’s called playing hard to get. I’m going to guess that your problem is that there is a certain special someone who, despite your best efforts, thinks you suck. It happens to the best of us. And since it’s been thirty-one years, I’m going to guess that you’re no longer quite as dapper as you once were, and you’re probably worried what this certain lady who wouldn’t give you the time of day in 1978 won’t find you attractive three decades later. And you’re probably also worrying what your current wife will think, what with you pining after a girl who, I think has been pretty solidly established, thought you were a creep. The solution? Buy both ladies copies of my new book, “The While”, as it will show them both that you are a sensitive man who values great literature.



Rex Arnold of Huntsville, AL has this query: “What are the full powers of the M-vest?”
RJT: I’m guessing mainly keeping people’s chests warm. That’s what most vests do. But really, they don’t do very much to warm you on the inside, when your soul feels cold and alone. Why not invest in your very own “soul vest” i.e. my new book “The While”? It’s guaranteed to make you feel warm inside in a way that a regular (say, denim) vest cannot.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

This is kind of amazing